- The audition on May 1st will consist of vocalizing for range, a prepared solo (below), sight reading and pitch retention exercises.
- Come prepared with a short solo in a pop, folk, jazz, or Broadway style. Bring your own accompaniment track or sheet music (a pianist will be provided).
- Please come EARLY to your scheduled audition time to fill out an audition sheet.
- Callbacks will be held the next week on Tuesday, May 8 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. You must be able to make this callback time.
The following are expectations/conditions for membership in this elite ensemble:
- Student must maintain a 2.0 overall grade point average.
- Student must be enrolled in a minimum of twelve (12) semester hours each semester (membership for the entire 2017-18 academic year is expected).
- High expectations in regards to personal etiquette. As well, eligibility to receive the benefits of a scholarship and membership in this ensemble is dependent on the student remaining in good standing with the University.
- It is expected that each student will spend the time necessary to learn their part on their own time OUTSIDE OF REHEARSAL. Rehearsals will be for the purpose of working on "ensemble" attributes as it pertains to balance, blend, intonation, style, presentation, etc., NOT to learn notes.
- An understanding that events/performances may be added to the True Voice calendar DURING the semester. There will always be a minimum of two (2) weeks' notice regarding the addition of events. ALL members are expected to make ALL performances unless cleared by the director.